Defining Your Eye Size
When you buy a pair of jeans, you want to make sure they're the perfect fit for your body shape, right? There are many ways that we find the perfect fit for our body size to make sure that when we put on those jeans- we look and feel our very best.
This is no different when it comes to lashes.
By learning how to define your eye size, you can choose the perfect lash that compliments you and enhances your natural beauty.
This quick guide will show you how to define your eye size and choose the perfect lash.
How To Define Your Eye Size
Being aware of the size of our eyes in comparison to the rest of our facial features can be super beneficial when it comes to applying lashes. If the lashes are too small and you won't be satisfied, too long and you'll feel out of depth. So, let's get started.
The 3 categories of eye sizes are:
How Do You Know if You Have Small, Medium, or Large Eyes?
The size of your eyes is a combination of vertical and horizontal measurements. Most of the time, you should be able to look at your eyes and tell if they are large or small. If they seem like neither, then they are most likely medium.
The key is to take a step back and look at your face overall. How do your eyes match up proportionally with your face?
- If your facial features (think nose and mouth) seem much larger in comparison to your eyes then you probably have small eyes.
- If your eyes seem larger, then big eyes it is.
- If you fall somewhere in the middle, then you guessed it, you have medium-sized eyes!
Take a look at the diagram below to get a clearer understanding of how to measure your eye size:
Recommendations for Small, Medium & Large Eyes
- If you have small features, keep in mind that lashes will look larger on you and more dramatic.
- Sometimes the lashes will be too long for your eye size, which will mean you may have to cut the lash to get the perfect fit. For more info on how to cut your lashes, check out our tutorial here.
- For small eyes, we recommend selecting lashes from the Magnetic Accents and Magnetic Everyday Range. These lashes create shapes that will leave you feeling naturally beautiful and accentuate your eye size.
- If your proportions are quite petite, take a look at our shorter lashes with C & D curls for beautiful accentuation. The Sarah & Bec Lashes are both great for petite features.
- For reference, our Witchy Lashes Model Marelize who has small sized eyes.
- When it comes to having medium size eyes, the lash selection aims to accentuate your natural eye size. Luckily for you, there are no hard and fast rules, a world of lash exploration awaits!
- If you are looking for lashes that are on the more natural side, we recommend our Accent & Everyday Lashes.
- Our Semi-Dramatic Lashes are great for those who love bigger lashes.
- If you are a lover of lashes larger than life, then check out our Dramatic Lashes.
- For reference, our Marcha has medium-sized eyes.
- You are blessed with options! Larger eyes can get away with most things when it comes to lashes.
- Do keep in mind that proportionally, smaller lashes like those from the Everyday Range will look very minimal on you. If you'd like a natural-looking lash that gives you volume and shape, you could opt for our Limited Edition - Bella Magnetic Lash or our Maggie Magnetic Lash.
- Try out dramatic styles if you like length, and experiment with shapes.
- For reference, our Witchy Lashes Model Marie Anne has large-sized eyes.
Now you know how to define your eye size, but let's not forget about your eye shape too! By reading up on both, you can get a deeper understanding of how to find the perfect lash look to compliment your unique eye features. Head over to our blog on how to identify your eye shape today.